Sunday, December 20, 2009

クリスマスの12日間 - Day Seven

Caters for everyone, loli and up...

Anime is a strange thing, I think we can all say that, it has it’s highs (Haruhi, Bakemonogatari) and it’s low (Haruhi [Endless Eight]), yet this Anime falls directly into the middle, it’s average, it and it’s sequel are as average as they come.

The Onegaiverse is average, yet so strange, with a half-alien, half-human teacher, ‘blackouts’ and twins that might be triplets but aren’t, this is the oddest average Anime there is.

And that’s why it’s awesome.

Both Onegai Teacher! and Onegai Twins! (Please Teacher! and Please Twins!) are two of my favourite shows. Why you ask? Even when I said it was so average? It’s because it is. Most Anime is very ‘out-there’ and weird, which is good, but sometimes you need a good average show to cool off with after hours of Dragon Ball Z.

Don’t get me wrong, but the averageness of this is what makes it great.

More after the normal jump…

As much as I like agreeing with myself, the averageness is low in the first series, it’s more Sci-Fi than average -

Random Troll: Then why’d you say it was?

- because I was counting both as a whole, and the averageness of the Twins series outweights the Sci-Fi of the Teacher series, and I did watch Twins first, then I watch Teacher when I brought it on DVD.

That comes into my next point, the Onegai Saga is the first series I brought on DVD fully (yes I know that’s bad, but hey, check out my other post for details), so it holds a special place in my heart because of that. The two DVD’s are awesome, I watched them on my HD TV (first Anime to do so) and believe you me, it looked amazing.

So please, go out and buy this, because it is awesome and average.

Todays ‘thing’ of the day is this picture, taken by I:

All mine!

These are my DVDs, taken not an hour ago, these are so special to me!

[Via http://fightingfornippon.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment