Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Blue Drop

Mari Wakatake has been living with her Grandmother for the past 5 years after a tragedy caused the loss of her home, friends and family, as well as her memories. Fearing for her future, her Grandmother admits her into Kaihou Academy, for her to make friends, instead of home studying. Although reluctant to go, she does and meets Hagino Sekonji. At first appearance, this girl appears like a normal student but inside her lies a deep secret that relates to the tragedy of 5 years ago.- animenewsnetwork

I don’t know the Manga to this but I think the Anime would be probably a nice edition AFTER you read the Manga. At least that’s what it feels like.

You start with the end of the war and get the story told in a flashback but you have know idea what this is all about. In the beginning it seems like a “normal student story” but then it gets more and more into the scifi aspect, which is for my taste not enough explained. For example why especially earth and what happens between the end of the flashback and the present time. Why did it take that long to end the war?

But the story itself is very interesting, especially since it’s so rich with secondary characters and their story. On the human site alone you have the homeroom teacher, the head of the dormitory, Michiko, “the fangirls”, Akane & her father.

A word to “the fangirls”, I call them that because those three are fangirling ALL THE TIME about Hagino. But there is one scene in episode 12 I think when a lot of the girls (not the 3 fangirls) are really fangirling about Akane, who is in that great knight-outfit (I like that one too! But I liked her from the first time she appears ♥ )

The Aliens have great technology, very good looking :p And so cool, I mean dolphin-jumps? *giggle* Besides that Tsubael, Shivariel, Azanael – all interesting, even though the end was a bit predictable. But I love that Hagino doesn’t find out the truth.

Sooo, all in all a good anime – won’t become my favourite but I may watch it again some time. I just wished they’d done 24 episodes so you hadn’t had to move that quickly in the end. Besides where are sweet yuri moments? They were still in the grey area even though it is said to be yuri.

[Via http://saliviabaker.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment