Sunday, March 14, 2010

Anime Recommendations

Probably the anime that made me really like Shoujo (As well as ‘Ouran High School Host Club’). ‘Lovely Complex’ the anime is an adaptation of the popular manga series by Nakahara Aya (Which I have yet to read). Our protagonist, Koizumi Risa, is the tallest girl in her class; our second protagonist, Oizumi Otani, is the shortest lad in his class- I guess you can see where this is going?

The plot is reminiscent of Toradora, in which we swap out scary and agressive with tall and short. The plot progresses smoothly throughout the series, and after each episode it left me wanting more and more. The characters were extremely likable, Risa is an absolute nutcase and Otani is as thick as two planks of wood. It makes for some very interesting comedy moments. Thats another thing I loved about this anime, even through the serious drama parts it could make you laugh without killing the flow. Two support characters come to mind when reminiscing about the comedy, Risa’s good friend Nobuko and her boyfriend Nakao; these two are the spine of the comedy structure in this anime, they constantly made me laugh with their appearances and input to the situations.

In all a fantastic anime and one of my top 5 of all time. I highly recommend if you need something light hearted, cute but with enough drama and suspense to keep it fresh every episode.

By psychodrake

[Via http://applek.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment