Sunday, January 3, 2010

Toradora! - End

To-Ra-Do-Ra

Toradora is derived from the Japanes words; Tiger (tora) x Dragon (dora), which are also derived from the two lead characters, Taiga and Ryuji, Taiga being engrish for Tiger and Ryuji is the literal meaning of ‘son of dragon‘ (doragon). If you didn’t know, I love puns and play on words, and well, when I found this out, I was pleased! Thus passing the knowledge onto you.

Toradora! is just that though, Taiga vs. Ryuji, a battle of wits to find the person with the most thickest brain, with the one giving up their emotions first, the loser.

Of course, this is a ‘romantic-comedy’ with no elements other than the; romance, comedy and harem. Yes, I said it, harem. I think this is a mini-harem.

Toradora! starts with Ryuji getting a love note, meant for his best friend, from the class troublemaker, Taiga. After discovering her circumstances, being the nice guy he his, decides to help her (Taiga calls it, being her ‘dog’), in all her conquests.

Like I said in an earlier post, I thought this series was very predicable. Now, that might not be a bad thing, I found Clannad predictable, yet that was blown off the scale by After Story, but hey, if Toradora! does an ‘after story’ kind of thing, I won’t won’t watch it. Actually, I’d help market that show as much as I could, because I loved Toradora!.

Yes, I did. I don’t know why, but it might come down to the fact it was funny and heart warming at the same time. It was so easy to fall

Look, but no touching!

in love with the antics of Taiga, and her violent ways, she reminds me of a girl I know, who I won’t say, yet will tell you that her blog is in my blogroll. She’ll hate me for that. Taiga really is the girl you will have a crush on, but be massively scared to tell her cause she will (and I mean WILL) rip your head off.

The amount of ‘will I’ or ‘wont I’ confessing going on in this series was crazy. Before the show started, we find out that who Taiga is in love with, Kitamura, actually confessed to her, and she turned him down. Then she get’s Ryuji to help her too. Meanwhile Ryuji is in love with Taiga’s best friend, Minorin (I love that nickname, reminds me of Kagamin), so she helps with that. When Episode five rolls around, we have a new girl, Ami (yes the same as that sailor scout), who has a crush on Ryuji. As the series rolls on, we learn that Kitamura is in love with the Student Counsel President. Thus making Taiga lose interest. Minorin likes Ryuji but won’t go out with him, much to Ryuji’s dismay.

The show ends with something one other show (*Cough* Nogizaka Haruka *cough*) still hasn’t done, even after two seasons, a kiss.

I can’t say anything really bad about the series beside the boring EDs they had. Mind you, it was J.C. Staff (who animated Index and Railgun) so I really didn’t have that high-a hopes for them, mind you I did find myself humming the first ED all day.

I found this awesome video of the first OP (it isn’t the real one, but it would be nice if it was):

If you liked Clannad you’ll love this.

Rating: A-

[Via http://fightingfornippon.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment