Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Best Place to Buy Anime Stuff

And by “best”, I mean “cheapest.”

Some anime fans have, of course, bought so much merchandise that it has left them almost bankrupt. Well, I’ve been there. OBVIOUSLY.

So, here’s a little guide (if you can call it that) to the cheapest and greatest online anime shopping sites. Well, what I think so anyway.

1. 399 Anime Shop

Everything in this store is $3.99 unless otherwise stated. They have a pretty good range of anime series, mostly selling figures, accessories, keychains, etc. Great place to buy your animu stuff if you’re on a low budget. What I like about it is your cart is with Paypal, making it so much easier for me. AND, they ship worldwide at the same shipping charges. This store is based in Asia, so shipping time varies. Conclusion: Go here if you’re looking for small and rare items, you won’t regret it.

2. Hobby Fan

Specializing in mostly PVC figures and models, this is easily the best place to find or pre-order rare and new figures and other stuff. They have a free shipping option if there’s a little truck icon, and 95% of their in-stock and pre-order items have a flat rate of $5.25. Yes. VERY CHEAP. However, they are based in the US and their international shipping rate is a little higher at around $9-$11, but the free shipping option still applies internationally.

3. Ransky and Reica’s Shop

I’m a little hesitant to write about this because this is my secret haven, but…This is an auction and selling site for doujinshi. Oh, boy. I can hear your clicking that link as fast as you can. They have TONS of doujins, and I don’t think I can say anything else about this place other than it’s fantastic. They’re prices are very low compared to eBay and whatnot, and they ship directly from Japan. They go to Comiket just to buy the doujins and sell them on this site. Most of the items have a shipping rate of $5. Anthologies and doujins with more pages have a shipping rate of $8. They accept Paypal, credit card, and CASH, yes, CASH IN US DOLLARS. I highly recommend this site.

4. YesAsia

One of my most favorite sites, mostly because they have an awesomely fantastic variety of anime OSTS and JPOP CDs. Not only that, but they sell figures, toys, and manga. They also sell items from Korea and China. Here’s a little experience I had a few days ago: I found France’s CD from APH on there for pre-order. I figured if I couldn’t find it anywhere else for cheaper, I’d buy it there. Lo and behold, it was the cheapest I could find anywhere, so I instantly bought it. I’m extremely happy. They also estimate how much time it will take for the item to arrive to you, right down to the very day. I was totally impressed. AND, if you buy two items that have a “Free Mini Capsule Toy with Order”, then you get a free gashapon toy of your choice! It’s really…really fantastic. IT DOESN’T END THERE: They have a free shipping option. YES, FREE SHIPPING FOR ORDERS OVER $39. Internationally. I love this website. Enough said. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

5. Animaxis

Also another one of my secret havens, Animaxis has so much stuff. I really don’t know how to write about this place. They have many rare items, from ice packs to phone cards, this place has it all. Their items sell out very quickly, but they restock and update with new items twice a week. Shipping price is okay, as long as you don’t mind waiting for a few weeks. Cheapest shipping, you’d have to wait at least 1 or 2 months. You really have to consider what you’re buying. You can trust this place to have the rarest and newest items and series.

I’ll be updating this later.

[Via http://luxsempai.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment