Saturday, September 26, 2009

It'd Be Like That Episode of the Simpsons

While I am a staunch advocate of the “Robots Hell Yeah” school of karaoke singing, I do lament the fact that attempting to do so with English songs is a much more daunting task. I mean, surely the fact that Japanese karaoke songs outnumber English ones about 10 to 1 doesn’t help, but why is it that someone can sing a somewhat obscure song from a Japanese commercial, but not, say, Chicken Tonight or Folgers Coffee?

If I had my way, I would be able to sing Stan Bush songs followed by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I know that karaoke is a much bigger part of Japanese (and Korean) culture so it makes sense for more obscure songs to be there, but I just wish we lived in a better world. An OK world.

No comments:

Post a Comment